Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Find Your Song Card, Canvas & Technique Video Tutorial

I am up on the Magenta blog today and I am super excited about this project.  Besides that I am really pleased with both projects turned out, you will see the reason for my excitement further down in the post.

When I was envisioning this card idea, I wanted to try something a little outside the box with the Bird and Branch Silhouette stamp image and have it be raised with added texture.





Supplies: stamps, stencil and patterned paper (Magenta), cardstock (Super Stock - Canadian Scrapbooker), Tim Holtz tissue paper, gel medium and ink (Ranger), white gesso (Golden), clear gesso (Liquitex), gelatos, Stamper's Big Brushes and Whipped Spackle (Faber-Castell) 




Well as you can see, I was able to come up with a neat way to make this happen.  I even added sections of the branch area to build up the foliage area.  Love it when an idea comes together in such a beautiful manner.






Today, I am sharing the technique that I created as the solution for my design quandary. In order to show the technique, I made a small canvas using the same elements as my card.  Again, I am trying out something new to me... I made a video tutorial to share it with you.





(Supplies list can be found underneath the video in the information section when watched on YouTube.)

Hope you enjoyed this mixed media tutorial. 

TTFN,







Magenta products used:

Bird & Branch silhouette
Find your song and sing it!

TM48 - Chicken Wire
ME238 Peace - 10 Sheets


No comments: