Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Crop & Create Vicki Boutin Shadow Box Class

A while back I shared some cards in this post here that I had made with the leftovers from Vicki Boutin's Technique Shadow Box Class at Crop & Create Markham.  I couldn't share the actual shadow box that I had made at that time, because it was a gift for my sister-in-law. Well her birthday has passed and I am free to let the cat out of the bag.

Loaded with Heidi SwappPink Paislee, and Maya Road products, this was the result:







When I saw the class sneak peek photos, I  knew it was perfect for my sister-in-law.  Lucky for me, there was still space the day before the event and I was able to get in the class. 

It was a small class (about 10 of us) which made it all the more fun to sit around tables, craft, laugh, talk shop and get to know the other scrappers.  If you haven't had a chance to attend a class taught by Vicki, they are so fun.  I highly recommend it. Fast paced, fab product and you learn tons with beautiful results.

Here is the project photo as provided in the class instructions by Vicki.





As you can see, I gave it my own little twist.  I pulled apart the layers on the cardstock layered sticker piece and inking them all as well as outlining the "sweet" lettering in black. I also added a multi font title to go with the sepia photos of my darling nieces and nephew that I had taken this year and overall, I played down and did not include as much yellow.

As we were working away on the frames in the class, I had mentioned that I thought it would look really cool framed in black. Well, I did just that.  I got an inexpensive canvas from the dollar store, painted it matte black and hot glue mounted the finished shadow box to it.  Love the way it pops against that black!





It was fun getting to make something that was not my usual style and totally with someone else's taste in mind. I am thinking that my sister-in-law must have loved it because she has it proudly on display in her living room.  Thanks Vicki for your wonderful talent!


TTFN,


1 comment:

Ella Swan said...

It looks so lovely! Awesome gift you created!!