Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Brrr ~ It's Cold!

Baby it's is cold and icy outside.  We got dumped with freezing rain on top of layers of snow making for some interesting sidewalk and road conditions.

Perfect though for hanging out in a cozy warm house and crafting.  I created this seasonal card from this month's PageMap Blog sketch challenge.






Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill), patterned papers (K & Company), diecut (My Favorite Things), punches and Heat'n Stick(Stampin' Up), Silhouette sketchy circles cut file (SCT Nicole Nowosad), embossing folder (Cuttlebug), VersaMark (Tsukinenko), baker's twine (The Twinery), pen (CTMH), stickles (Ranger), mirror snowflakes, vellum and glitter (Dollarama)


Again, I dug into my stash and used some older Christmas papers and My Favorite Things die cuts.  I created the bottom piece by swiping a VersaMark pad over the flat side of an embossing folder, then sprinkling Heat & Stick to it.  After heating it with a heat gun, I sprinkled white glitter on, thus the recessed snow effect.

For a touch of newness, I used a circles cut file created by Nicole Nowosad that was available for free on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog.


I stuck pretty much to the sketch and the pattern theme. It just fit my scrappy mood for today.





It is such a pretty sketch with lots of potential other than seasonal snowflakes don't you think?  Check out how others chose to use it here.


TTFN,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a very pretty card. Love the embossed bottom. Wish I could experience the snow and rain that you are having.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Hope you can get out soon. This is beautiful!