Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Change it up with Watermelon Gazpacho

Today I am sharing a layout that I made for SNR's May 2012 edition Sketch - Change the Orientation article.  I love the vibrant colours of Jillibean Soup's lines.  For this one I used papers from the Watermelon Gazpacho collection and their red corrugated letters. The striped paper worked well with the colours in the photos lending a cohesive look to the page. The orange makes the photos pop especially with the white sanded the edges of the photos and the green title strip.  I matted the stripe stripes with white cardstock.


Supplies: Patterned Papers and Corrugated Letters: Jillibean Soup; Cardstock: Close To My Heart; Chipboard Letters: American Crafts; Pen: Creative Memories; Sketch: Lucy Chesna

The layout features my daughter and her great uncle building or rather engineering a sandcastle.  I used the engineering term in the journaling because he really is an engineer (note the pinkie ring).  It also truly captures and evokes the moment because they really did have some serious but fun discussion in regards to engineering principles for both the design and construction.

Here was Lucy's original sketch:




I rotated the sketch 90 degrees and altered one rectangle area to accommodate my title and journaling.

TTFN,

5 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love how you rotated the sketch...all the details like the white cardstock behind the stripes. These are not always easy colors to work with, but you did awesome!

Ella Swan said...

Great layout Cassandra - you have interpreted this sketch so well!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love how you take came out. Also think it is great that your DD got to have the discussion about engineering principles etc. I think it is good to encourage our daughters take an interest in science as this is such an important field!

Heather Landry said...

I really LOVE your take on this sketch. The bright pops of orange make this page have a fun, happy feel. The title work is super cute too! Thanks for sharing your time and talent with us Cassandra!!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love how clean and simple, but still effectfull, this layout is. The bold colors look awesome with your photos! TFS!